Dr. John Sehorn is the Academic Dean of the Graduate School of Theology, as well as an Associate Professor of Theology. He specializes in the theology of the Fathers of the Church, with a particular interest in their scriptural exegesis. He received his doctorate from the University of Notre Dame and has been a member of the faculty at the Augustine Institute since 2015. He is currently co-editing the series A Catholic Biblical Theology of the Sacraments for Baker Academic.
- PhD Theology (History of Christianity), University of Notre Dame (2015)
- MA Early Christian Studies, University of Notre Dame (2008)
- BA History, Barrett Honors College, Arizona State University (2005)
- The Church in the Ancient and Medieval World
- Jesus and the Gospels
- Reading the Bible with the Fathers
- Pauline Literature
- City of God Seminar (summer program for college students)
Phone: (303) 937-4420
The Augustine Institute Graduate School is committed to the pursuit of wisdom in service of Catholic mission. All of our academic programs therefore seek, first, to allow students to make their own “all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” (Col. 2:3), which are found in Christ and passed down in the Sacred Tradition of the Catholic Church. Second, our programs prepare students to hand these treasures on to others effectively through evangelization and catechesis.