Opportunities for Augustine Institute Students & Alumni
St. Pius X Parish, a culturally diverse and rapidly growing parish, is looking for a full-time Pastoral Assistant for Youth Ministry. This position will be responsible to the Pastor for implementing the parish’s commitment to ministry to middle and high school youth, including collaborating with parish staff, families, and youth to incorporate elements of outreach, evangelization, and discipleship formation to help our young people respond to their baptismal call.
The successful candidate will direct specific ministry out reach in middle school, high school, and Confirmation programs, which include but are not to be limited to retreats, weekly faith formation meetings, community building, liturgies, and community service opportunities. In addition to ministry in specified areas, the PA for Youth Ministry recruits, motivates, and provides general and specific direction to a stable group of volunteers to facilitate the program.
Successful candidates will have an active faith life within a Catholic community; they will possess a commitment to personal discipleship, a love for youth and a joy while accompanying youth and their families on their faith journey. Applicants should possess the ability to maintain excellent communication and organization skills and have the ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends. Preferred qualifications include a degree in theology or related field and fluency in Spanish.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business Manager reports to the Pastor and assists him with parish financial, personnel, office, and communications administration. The Business Manager must be a person of faith who is committed to supporting the mission of the Church and of the parish, including through the responsible management of resources and by observing confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the principles of accounting and bookkeeping
- Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents used in the normal course of Parish business
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, and database management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, including a commitment to employee motivation, team-building, efficiency, and knowledge skill sets development
- Ability to resolve conflicts and solve problems successfully
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, ideally business or finance degree
- At least five year’s successful experience in finance/business management
For a full job description, please click this link.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a cover letter and resume including three references to the Rev. Donald J. Planty, Jr., Pastor at: email@example.com.
The Diocese of Harrisburg is taking resumes and cover letters for high school theology teachers.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Theology, Catechetics, or related field (Master Degree preferred)
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Strong knowledge of, and belief in, the philosophy, doctrine, and teaching mission of the Catholic in its entirety with faithful adherence to the Church’s Magisterium
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Mr. James F. Gontis
Director of Evangelization and Catechesis
Diocese of Harrisburg
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Full-time minister to oversee young adult, high school, and junior high ministry programs and Confirmation program in a multicultural parish setting. Must be a practicing, faith-filled Catholic with a desire to evangelize youth and make disciples. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a certificate in Youth Ministry or substantial experience and coursework in theology/catechesis. Individual must have strong spiritual leadership skills; excellent interpersonal skills, management, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills; must have skills necessary to organize and implement large, program-wide events; must be able to have flexibility in work hours; ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable but not required.
Salary is based on the Diocesan Scale and depends on qualifications and experience. Please send Letter of Intent and Request for Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2018.
Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in High Point, North Carolina is searching for a full-time youth minister for grades 6-12 starting on July 1, 2018. Our parish, which has about 2000 families, uses programs such as Edge and Life Teen. A successful candidate will have enthusiasm and energy to build discipleship in our youth through service, worship, and social activities. Duties would include assisting the Director of Religious Education, as well as helping to prepare Parish School liturgies.
- Candidate should have a degree in Pastoral Theology, Religious Education, or a related field
- Should be a practicing Catholic in good standing
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with education and experience
Resumes and references should be sent to: email@example.com or mail them to: Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church, Attn: Youth Minister Search Committee, 4145 Johnson Street, High Point, NC 27265
The Diocese of Steubenville is seeking a catechetical consultant to provide leadership in the design and implementation of programs for adults, youth, and children, to assist in building a solid foundation for the Catholic faith within the diocese. This position provides comprehensive, well-organized, and theologically sound catechist formation for the Christian faithful who serve in the diocese’s parish and schools.
Requirements include: a Master’s degree in theology, catechetics, or related field; the applicant must understand, support, and embrace the mission of the Diocese of Steubenville, be a practicing Catholic, and be currently in good standing and participating in a parish.
Walking with Purpose (WWP), which is a non-profit organization that develops and conducts women’s Bible studies for parishes, is looking for a Marketing and Social Media Director. This position is 30-40 hours per week from a home office and will function as part of a virtual team.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns for our three core markets: adult women, young adult women, and middle school girls
- Raise awareness of WWP products to existing customer base working with data and systems team leader and social media team
- Outreach to top 50 parishes in the US to promote and raise awareness of WWP. Work with WWP Regional Area Coordinator team and local coordinators
- Project manage with a contracted app developer to develop a WWP app
- Work with WWP bloggers and social media designers to manage a content calendar, write and post selected communications, including e-mail newsletter and social media posts
- Create and maintain new online communication channels to grow WWP audience
- Nurture WWP’s online community through monitoring and response
- Monitor and measure WWP’s online brand reputation
- Excellent writer with well-honed communication skills
- Outstanding knowledge of marketing principles as well as strong strategic and analytic skills
- Expert in all mainstream social media platforms for brand-building
- Proficient in WordPress, Ontraport, Salesforce, Google Business Apps and MS Office
- Detail-oriented, doer, ready to start working
- Experience: five or more experience in brand marketing and communications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBA preferred
- Product marketing experience
To apply or inquire, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Pius X Catholic Parish in Pueblo, CO is seeking a full-time Director of Missionary Discipleship. According to Pope Francis’s Joy of the Gospel, the Director of Missionary Discipleship will assist the pastor in the conversion of the parish from maintenance to mission, discovering ways to build on what is good and capitalize on opportunities, in terms of communications and formation, filling in the gaps and establishing a path of discipleship with clear steps and spiritual accompaniment for those connected to this parish. For a complete job description, click here.
The Diocese of Pueblo in Pueblo, CO is seeking a full-time Director of Missionary Discipleship. According to The Joy of the Gospel, with the primary goal of multiplying disciple-makers, the role of the Director of Missionary Discipleship is to advance the diocesan strategic planning and missionary conversion by networking and equipping Spirit-filled evangelizers, with a particular focus on youth, families, and campus ministry. This person will collaborate with other staff members of the Catholic Pastoral Center and serves as a resource primarily to pastors and parishes in their efforts to establish and enhance the spiritual growth and formation efforts in their pastoral situation.
For a complete job description, please click here.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled or the search is closed. To apply, send an application and letter of interest to email@example.com or mail to: Diocese of Pueblo Human Resources Office, 101 N. Greenwood Street, Pueblo, CO 81003.
St. Mary Parish in Littleton, CO is seeking an energetic, dynamic, and authentic candidate with a passion for seeing young people come to Christ. The successful applicant will have experience in youth ministry and working with/implementing curriculum, be very familiar with Theology of the Body, and have prior experience leading a team of volunteers.
Goals and Objectives:
- Management and leadership of all St. Mary Catholic Parish High School Youth Ministry efforts including EMMAUS and the Disciples Spanish Exchange Program.
- Planning/coordination/execution of conferences, service opportunities, retreat, pilgrimages, summer camps, and mission trips
- Works closely with the Middle School Youth Minister, collaborating together as a team to form a unified program and assisting each other as needed
Type of Position:
- Exempt, salaried, full-time: 40+ hours per week with benefits
- Able to work flexible schedule as necessary (nights/weekends)
For a full job description, click here.
To apply: email cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Saturday, April 21
Essential Job Functions:
- Intentional focus on student achievement
- Stimulate inquiry and engagement through project-based instruction
- Prepare lessons based upon backwards design
- Grade student work, and maintain/update grades
- Build and maintain positive relationships with students and instructional team
- Utilize effective research-based instruction and evaluation
- Communicate effectively with students and families
- Must be able to work outside the normal schedule periodically in collaboration with colleagues
- Instruct theology within the Bishop’s framework
- Demonstrate competency in integrating technology into classroom teaching
- Demonstrated competency of collaborative work
- Practicing Catholic
- Bachelor’s degree in Theological Studies or related field is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- Teacher certification in any discipline is a strong asset
- Strong commitment and desire to work with youth and adults in a collaborative environment to find ways of connecting the practice of our faith with real-world ministry experiences
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, time management, and attention to detail
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with people of all ages
- Effective written communication skills and computer skills, including word processing, social media tools, and the ability to solve problems
- Enthusiastic, charismatic, creative, and possess strong leadership skills, and individual initiative
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Chancery Office of the Diocese of Pueblo is seeking a Director of Communications. This is a full-time position that will support the pastoral ministry of the Bishop utilizing both traditional and new media, to broaden the visibility of diocesan ministers, and the mission of the local Church. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies and plans. This includes outreach to the public through media relations and messaging to convey and support effectively the pastoral and administrative priorities of the Office of the Bishop, the mission of the diocese, and the teachings of the Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or digital communications
- Minimum of three years of practical work experience in communications, media relations/audio-visual production, or public relations
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church who has the ability to respect, promote, and accommodate, and not be in conflict with the mission, moral, and social teachings, doctrines, and laws of the Roman Catholic faith
- Proficient with information technology including Microsoft Office Suite, social media usage, website management, and content development
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of major issues facing the Catholic Church in Colorado, the US, and the world
For a full job description, click here.
Coyle and Cassidy High School and Middle School in Taunton, MA in the Diocese of Fall River seeks a President effective July 1, 2018. This school is a diocesan, Catholic, college-preparatory, co-educational high school and middle school. The President is the Chief Executive Officer of the school and oversees development, articulation, and implementation of the school’s vision in accord with its Catholic mission. The President is responsible for guiding strategic planning in continual pursuit of school improvement and to address long-term capital and operational needs, developing and implementing a comprehensive advancement plan and fostering relationships to establish innovative strategic partnerships. In addition to serving as a role model for faculty, staff, and students, the President will provide operational leadership and ensure financial viability by direct oversight of advancement and business affairs.
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic and have knowledge of the Catholic tradition and Catholic beliefs
- A commitment to the development of a Christian spirit and a Catholic community of faith
- A Master’s degree and Massachusetts’ state licensure as a school administrator
- Have a minimum of five years of teaching experience, at least three of which must have been in a Catholic school. The experience shall provide an understanding of middle school/high school structure and the potential to function as an educational leader and builder of a faith community in a Catholic school
- Possess the capacity, enthusiasm, intelligence, and patience to inspire administrators, teachers, students, parents, clergy, and other school community members
- Ability to take the initiative to identify prospects, cultivate relationships, solicit and secure gifts
- Proficient in strategic planning to ensure that optimal energy and resources are dedicated to the achievement of key goals
- Strong community relational skills, including the ability to engage and motivate internal and external constituents, and proven effective experience with media relations
- Experience in budget planning and execution of the approved budget
- Masterful communication skills, verbal and written, with a broad range of constituents
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
For the complete job description, click here.
To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to Sharon Sampson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday, April 16, 2018
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all fundraising activities for Lourdes Classical Catholic School and Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. S/he reports to the Principal and Pastor and is someone who thrives in a small team environment and maintains positive relationships with a broad range of parish and school constituents. This individual must have superior excellent communication skills to build and develop personal relationships with donors. The director will assist with fundraising at the school, oversee the annual gala, assist with advertising and public relations, develop relationships with alumni and parents, and assist with fundraising at the parish, including the capital campaign.
- Catholic in good standing
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years’ experience in professional fundraising; experience in a Catholic environment a plus
- Executive presence and poise necessary to interact with major donors, church, and lay leaders
- “Self-starter” who executes responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able to manage multiple projects, and prioritize relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Event coordination experience a plus
Please send applications or inquiries here: email@example.com.
The JPII Outdoor Lab is a non-profit ministry serving middle school Catholic youth in the Denver area. Our mission is to lead young people closer to Christ through creation and the sacraments. We provide leadership, confirmation, and faith and science retreats in the mountains of Colorado based on John Paul II’s encyclical, Fides et Ratio. We are hiring volunteers, contract staff for August-November 2018, and field instructors to begin in August. We are also in need of volunteers and contract staff April 3-6, 2018. The training is provide. Our Annunciation Heights Camp location is near Estes Park, CO.
Position Summary (varies depending on volunteers, staff, etc.)
- Facilitate and lead retreats (Faith and Science, Leadership, Confirmation) for 6th to 12th graders as part of our team
- Assist with planning retreats
- Lead small groups
- Prepare and give talks (personal faith journey, adoration, etc.)
- Cleaning and maintenance after every group
- Experience the outdoors and have fun with kids
- High school graduate/college graduate preferred
- Love of Jesus and the outdoors
- Desire to be part of a team
- A desire to share the Faith in retreat-type settings with 6th-12th graders
- Physically active and able
- Science background a bonus but not necessary
Contact Julie Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providence College is seeking a campus minister (assistant director of peer ministry) to assist in providing pastoral care to students with special attention to students’ knowledge of Catholic social teaching achieved through volunteer services to others. Help to implement the strategic plan for the Office of Mission and Ministry. This individual will also oversee student Peer Ministries by helping to train, direct, and supervise the Peer Ministers alongside the Director and Chaplain.
- Graduate degree in theology, pastoral ministry, or related field from an accredited institution required
- Two to three years’ experience in peer ministry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in outreach and evangelization
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing who is comfortable with and knowledgeable about the Faith
- Must possess good teamwork and communication skills
- Must have familiarity with the needs and interests of college students and a willingness to accommodate student schedules
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other computer skills required
Interested individuals may apply here.
The Diocese of Phoenix Catholic Schools Office is looking for a full-time high school theology teacher for the primary location of Bourgade Catholic High School. This individual will embrace and model the Catholic philosophy of education, promote and live Gospel values and Catholic moral teaching, uphold the doctrinal teachings of the Catholic Church, and provide opportunities for faith development of students in the classroom to prepare them for life in today’s Church and society.
- Preference given to a Catholic teacher (must be willing to make a public Profession of Faith if Catholic and if non-Catholic be willing to support Catholic teachings and philosophy)
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be certified by the Arizona State Department of Education as a teacher and meets applicable NCA requirements
- Received Safe Environment Training and signed the Code of Conduct
- FBI Fingerprint clearance completed
To apply for this position, click here.
Walking with Purpose is seeking a Fund Development Associate in Denver, CO. This organization coordinates Bible studies for women from a Catholic perspective. The studies are situated within the teachings of the Catholic Church, particularly in the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the lives of the saints.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Norfolk Catholic Schools is seeking a Director of Spirituality who is dynamic, driven, and a spiritual development professional, whose heart is on fire with the love of Jesus Christ, to build up spiritual leaders in our elementary and high school. This individual will build up spiritual leaders by prayerfully discerning the needs of the school, seeking opportunities for all to encounter and grow in their relationship with Christ, recognize the gifts and talents in others, encouraging those in the school to take ownership of their spiritual lives, and adhere to all the Church’s teachings. In addition, this individual will instruct three or four theology junior/senior high school classes a day, develop and guide a Student Spirituality Committee, and corroborate with the Director of Teen Ministries of Sacred Heart Parish.
Qualifications: This person must obtain a valid teaching certificate and must be driven for spiritual excellence. Preference will be given to candidates with or earning a Theology degree and with experience working with students, teachers, and staff in a Catholic school/parish.
Interested applicants should apply electronically by e-mailing a letter of introduction specifically for this positioning (outlining spiritual vision, philosophy, and leadership style, a resume/CV, academic transcripts, as well as names of personal and professional references, three or more recommendation letters (confidential) to Dr. Don Ridder, President of Norfolk Catholic School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Start date is July 1, 2018.
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry is employed by the Diocese of Grand Island and is under the direct relationship of the Bishop or another leader directly appointed by the Bishop of the Diocese. The Director will incorporate the Bishop’s vision for an integrated and comprehensive youth and young adult ministry, in city and rural settings, in collaboration with the Director of Faith Formation and Evangelization and other diocesan offices. The Director will envision, oversee, and organize diocesan youth and young adult events throughout our diocese, and other opportunities for spiritual growth and be a resource for parishes regarding youth and young adult ministry. Applicant should have familiarity with relational ministry, good organizational skills, solid communication skills, and ability to carry out the vision of the Diocese. Degree in theology, youth ministry, or other related field, Master’s degree preferred. Applicants who do not meet educational requirements but have sufficient experience will also be considered. Spanish is a plus. Ability to travel as needed.
Send applications or inquires by March 9, 2018 to: email@example.com.
It is our priority to share Jesus Christ and His Church with our students, parishioners, and with the greater Denver community. One of the ways we do this is through the events we host. In order to elevate the experience at each of our events, we offer free childcare to every attendee. It is also a priority that although this childcare is free, it is safe, fun, and uplifting for each child. This position is part-time, 5-10 hours per week (nights and weekends). Some qualifications include: experience in child care, personable and responsible, willingness to work with a variety of families and adapt to their wants/needs, good communication skills, Save Environment training through the Archdiocese of Denver, minimum of 18 years old, and First Aid, CPR, and blood pathogen certification within 30 days (OLOL will reimburse cost), among others.
To apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit network of twenty-nine charter schools in Arizona and Texas dedicated to improving education by developing excelling public prep schools. Great Hearts’ academies are substantially outperforming other public and private schools, proving that tuition-free schools can do a superb job of educating students if they are smaller, more efficient, and set higher expectations for all students through a core, classical liberal arts curriculum. We gladly prepare our graduates for success in the best colleges and universities in the nation, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally. Great Hearts has both an Apprentice Teaching Program and business positions. For the academic year of 2018-2019, Great Hearts is looking for teachers in mathematics, sciences, humanities, fine arts, languages, special education, physical education, and elementary classroom teachers.
For more information, please visit: Great Hearts Academy website.
To begin the application process, please visit: Great Hearts Application.
If you have further questions, you may e-mail us at: email@example.com.
The Diocese of Allentown has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Diocesan Regional Coordinator of Youth Ministry. As a staff member of the Office of Youth, Young Adult and Family Ministry, under the Secretariat for Catholic Life and Evangelization, the Regional Coordinator will facilitate the development of youth ministry in Schuylkill County, PA. Guided by pastoral documents, the Regional Coordinator will implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry county-wide with regional parish youth ministry leaders to empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today. Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Education, Theology, or a related field and some formal training in Youth Ministry. Experience working with youth in a parish or high school setting is a must.
For more information or to submit a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocese of Allentown
Attn: Human Resource Office (RCYM)
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538
St. John Vianney Academy in Bakersfield, CA is seeking a Headmaster for the 2018-2019 school year. The school is planning to open in the Fall of 2018, and we are looking for someone who loves Christ, children, and Catholic classical education. The headmaster will focus on curriculum and instruction while working closely with the Board, faculty, staff, and students to carry out the mission of the school. The candidate should understand how a Catholic worldview permeates both curriculum and instruction and must be an intentional disciple of Christ, committed to providing a Gospel witness. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree and have significant teaching experience in a classical school environment, and experience in school administration and curriculum oversight. A master’s degree in education or related field is desired.
Application Process: Interested candidates, please apply by submitting your cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation to the President of the Board, Mr. Kurt Van Sciver at: email@example.com
St. John Vianney Academy, located in Bakersfield, CA, has openings for teachers for grades 1-8. We are scheduled for our first year of instruction for the Fall of the 2018/2019 academic school year. SJVA is a Catholic school focused on the classical curriculum model. Prior experience is preferred but not required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts or applicable subject area is required. Interested candidates should submit their letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shrine of St. Therese Parish in Pueblo, Colorado is seeking a reliable individual for a full-time Coordinator of Religious Education. Applicants should be a Catholic in good standing, experienced in Catholic education, possess strong organizational, planning and communication skills, and the ability to interface with the Pastor, parish and school staff, parents, and volunteers. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and prior experience in either a religious education or a school setting. Job requires some evening and weekend work.
To apply please contact The Shrine of St. Therese Parish 300 Goodnight Pueblo, CO 81004 at (719) 542-1788, or email email@example.com
LIGHT, LEAVEN & SALT:
AUGUSTINE INSTITUTE ALUMNI AT WORK IN THE WORLD
The graduates of the Augustine Institute are serving the Church’s mission of evangelization as teachers and school administrators, catechists and parish leaders, deacons and religious sisters, graduate students and homeschooling mothers.
As leaders in apostolates that serve men, women, and youth throughout the United States, they are responding to Christ’s call to be light, leaven, and salt for the world.