Opportunities for Augustine Institute Students & Alumni
OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNSEL CATHOLIC CHURCH
EVANGELIZATION AND DISCIPLESHIP DIRECTOR
Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church (OLGC) located in Plymouth, MI is committed to the New Evangelization. Our vision is “to offer every person in our community a life-changing encounter with Jesus.”
As a member of a team and under the direct supervision of the pastor, the Evangelization and Discipleship Director participates in the mission, goals, and objectives as set forth by the leadership team.
The director evaluates parish initiatives with other members of the pastoral staff through the lens of the threefold dimension of the Christian life – Encounter, Grow, and Witness, striving to advance the Archdiocese of Detroit’s pastoral strategy as articulated in the Archbishop’s pastoral letter, Unleash the Gospel. Recognizing that programs don’t make disciples but people do, the director assists and equips ministry leaders, volunteers, and parishioners to be effective evangelizers and disciple makers through training workshops, small group communities, and a variety of initiatives with the intended goal of raising disciples who will bear witness to the world that life apart from Jesus is a desolate wasteland. Concentration on mentoring, accompaniment, and relational ministry across all areas of evangelization and discipleship is central to mobilizing men and women to transform people, the parish, and Plymouth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implements and oversees outreach to inactive Catholics and those who do not know Jesus, (e.g., Alpha Course).
• Develops missionary discipleship strategies, moving away from an academic model to a lived discipleship model where the goal is active involvement in the community of faith, transforming people, families, workplaces, neighborhoods, and the community.
• Develops compelling formation experiences and events in collaboration with coordinators of men’s ministry, women’s ministry, Bible studies, small group discipleship, prayer ministry, parish missions, and conferences.
• Supports Becoming Catholic (RCIA) and Marriage Prep teams.
• Supervises and supports Charism Coordinator.
• Works in collaboration with digital media and creative teams to communicate content across all platforms.
• Develops and oversees departmental budget and annual parish calendar of events.
• Member of Parish Council
• Member of Leadership Team
• Member of Pastoral Team
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and understanding of the New Evangelization, methodology, and best practices with the goal of intentional discipleship.
• Familiarity with the documents of the Church regarding evangelization (e.g., Evangelii Gaudium, Redemptoris Missio, Evangelii Nuntiandi)
• Proven ability in developing a vision and creating initiatives designed to meet the needs of the parish culture that are consistent with Unleash the Gospel, including methods to assess the success of the programs and offerings.
• Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a leadership capacity within a parish setting.
• AOD certification in applicable ministries.
• Bachelor’s degree (and/or Masters) in Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry, Theology, Secondary Education, or related field.
• Supervision of department administrative assistant.
• Strong personal relationship with Jesus and a deep love for His Church.
• Fully aligned with the teachings of the Church and is passionate about OLGC’s vision.
• Embodies the parish staff team values.
• Excellent relational, oral and written communication skills with ability to mentor others.
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects and events.
• Thrives in a team environment.
• Leads and influences others and possesses an apostolic heart.
• Lives and leads as hungry, humble and smart.
Qualified candidates should submit:
• Cover letter
• Statement of faith
Applications will be accepted until May 20, 2019
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Director of Evangelization and Discipleship (attachments in PDF format only).
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
2746 Fifth Street
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Applications can be sent to email@example.com.
Job Title: DIRECTOR OF FAITH FORMATION: PRE K – FIFTH GRADE
Reports To: Pastor
Department: Faith Formation
Full Performance Period: Daily; flexibility with class/activity schedules; Full time; 40 hours per week
Exemption Status: Exempt
Job Titles Supervised: Supervises Administrative Assistant, and RCIC Coordinator. Job descriptions are available.
This position provides religious education to the Pre K through Fifth grade students in the community of St. Francis of Assisi Parish by offering and administering all faith formation programs for this age group. This position provides mission opportunities for this age group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision of the Pre K through fifth grade faith formation programs.
- As Saint Francis of Assisi Parish is one of the Hispanic Ministry Centers for the Diocese of Colorado Springs, supervises and ensures that all Religious Education Classes PK-5 and Sacramental Preparation Classes are taught in Spanish.
- Responsible for recruitment of volunteer teachers and helpers for the programs.
- Responsible for supervision of volunteers serving in the PK-5 faith formation programs.
- Plans, develops and conducts training workshops for volunteers/teachers/aides to be held on a regular basis.
- Assures that no volunteer is serving without having first gone through volunteer screening and background checks.
- Responsible for curriculum development for PK-5 faith formation programs, in concert with other programs, pending final approval by Pastor or designee.
- Works with the Parish Library volunteers to make sure that the Library is an excellent resource.
- Responsible for sacramental preparation for First Eucharist and First Reconciliation within the classroom curriculum and during special family days for sacramental preparation. Responsible for notification, curriculum, training of candidates and planning ceremonies for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist. Responsible for ensuring that all necessary sacramental records are recorded in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the development of supplemental classroom activities.
- Responsible for incorporating mission opportunities within the programs offered for this age group.
- Responsible for answering parish office inquiries regarding PK-5 faith formation for parish members.
- Develops, monitors and evaluates budget for the PK-5 faith formation program.
- Responsible to make sure that curriculum development is being followed as directed by the Pastor.
- Responsible for the administration of ACRE for the grades under their purview.
- Evaluates all programs on an ongoing basis with Pastor and his associate. Communicates well with Pastor, Clergy and Staff Members.
- Responsible for the operation of the Summer VBS with help from volunteers.
- Sets office availability hours each week.
- Presence at all PK-5 faith formation class schedules unless other supervision is arranged.
- Refers parents and children to the Director of RCIC.
- Continues professional and personal spiritual growth through attendance at workshops, conferences, retreats, diocesan and regional meetings, as well as through reading and prayer.
- Attends and participates in scheduled staff meetings and parish gatherings, as required.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.
Education: Master’s degree in Religious Education/Theology and/or its equivalent, and/or relevant working experience. Practicing Roman Catholic and knowledge of Catholic doctrine and resource materials is essential.
Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be educated and/or trained in the religious education field and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong management and organizational skills are important as well as excellent interpersonal and human relations skills and the ability to set and achieve goals.
Demonstration of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: Individual must possess excellent verbal communication skills and office efficiency skills, be proficient in personal computer skills and have the ability to learn and use the parish’s equipment and software programs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must either be proficient in both English and Spanish or be proficient in English with the ability to supervise programs, parents, children and volunteers in Spanish.
Bishop Carroll Catholic High School
Facilitate communion and intimacy between high school students and the Person of Jesus Christ by witnessing to a healthy relationship with Jesus, handing on the Sacred Deposit of Faith, and assisting students in living as faithful disciples of Christ. The chosen candidate would join a Religion Department made up of ten persons including two priests, three religious sisters, and five lay persons. The position requires teaching six periods each day and participation in the school’s community system.
Degree Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology or Catechetics/Evangelization required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
Special Skills: Although a degree in catechetics is not absolutely required, it is necessary to have a clear understanding of the catechetical nature of teaching religion in a Catholic high school. An appreciation of the relationship, distinction and complementarity of evangelization, catechesis, and theology is greatly desired. For this particular position, a thorough knowledge of the third part of the Catechism of the Catholic Church is needed. The new hire will be required to teach Catholic Social Teaching and Christian Morality or New Testament for the 2019-2020 school year.
Contact Information: If you have questions about the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates may submit their application to Vanessa Harshberger, Principal, 8101 West Central, Wichita, KS 67212 or email at email@example.com. Applications may be found at https://catholicdioceseofwichita.org/schools-employment
ST. GENEVIEVE CATHOLIC CHURCH
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide oversight and coordination of parish Adult Formation Team in the implementation of a formation process to grow missionary disciples in accordance with diocesan and parish visions of adult formation (i.e., forming missionary disciples according to the Formation Life Cycle) including small group formation, catechetical programs and other faith education opportunities for the formation of adult missionary disciples
- Assists the Pastor and the Adult Formation Team in recruiting leadership and volunteers (group leaders, mentors, hosts, etc.) from within the parish community who will assist in these adult formation programs and coordinates in their initial and ongoing training/formation opportunities
- Coordinates with the RCIA Team in implementing catechetical and formation programs for adults who will undergo the Sacraments of Initiation (Catechumens) or who will be received into full communion (Candidates) in the Catholic Church according to the directives of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
- Works closely with the Pastor in periodically evaluating these programs in the parish in relation to the overall goals, objectives and strategies of parish life.
- Coordinates an age appropriate formation process to grow young missionary disciples in accordance with diocesan and parish visions of youth formation (i.e., forming missionary disciples according to the Formation Life Cycle for all grade levels – 1st-12th). These will include, but will not be limited to:
- High School (9th -12th grade) formation program
- Confirmation sacramental preparation program
- Middle School (6th-8th grade) formation program
- Elementary School (1st –5th grade) formation program
- First Communion and First Reconciliation (2nd grade) preparation program
- Parish based small group & large group events
- Assists the Pastor in recruiting adult leadership and volunteers (group leaders, mentors, hosts, etc) from within the parish community who will assist in these youth formation programs and coordinates in their initial and ongoing training/formation opportunities
- Works closely with the Parish Safe Environment Coordinator in ensuring the implementation of all guidelines under Safe Environment program including training of students and adults
- Works closely with the Pastor in periodically evaluating these programs in the parish in relation to the overall goals, objectives and strategies of parish life.
- The individual must be a practicing Catholic and in full communion with the Catholic Church.
- He or she must be able to live a lifestyle according to the Code of Professional Conduct of the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux.
- He or she must be a living witness of someone who is striving to be a missionary disciple.
- He or she must be flexible and willing to work non-traditional working hours such as early evenings or weekends
- He or she must have a current or is working towards a certification in Safe Environment Training
- He or she must be willing to engage in continuing formation or education in areas related to his or her job
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs on occasion
- May also have to drive to venues or other locations as part of the position
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferably has experience or background in teaching or facilitating theological, catechetical or religious education
- Preferably with ministerial leadership experience over adult and youth groups
- Ability to effectively collaborate with, present information to and train adult volunteers, youth and parents either verbally or in writing
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with conflicts among leaders, volunteers, parents and youth
- Proficiency in basic software programs such as Microsoft Office as well as in design and media software applications
For consideration, please submit a Cover Letter including salary requirement, Resume and Three (3) Letters of Professional Recommendation (one of which should be from your Pastor) to Fr. Eric Leyble (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to Fr. Eric Leyble, 815 Barbier Avenue, Thibodaux, LA 70301. Applications are being accepted until March 30, 2019 or until position is filled.
St. Mark Catholic Church, has 1300 families in Westminster, Colorado is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Director of Faith Formation for grades K – 5. The individual will establish a solid faith formation program with an emphasis on spirituality and service to the children of our parish and their families. Must be a practicing Catholic who has a passion for teaching his/her Catholic faith. Must have an Bachelor’s degree. Ideal candidate will possess a degree or certificate in Religious Education, Theology, Pastoral Studies, or related field, and have at least two years of experience in a leadership capacity with students in a parish setting. Has high energy, is well-organized, a solid leader, a self-starter, has strong interpersonal and communication skills, and who will have a collaborative spirit with the parish staff, and parents.
Please send resume and inquires to Fr. Ken Koehler or by mail to
Fr. Ken Koehler
c/o St. Mark Church
3141 W. 96th Ave.
Westminster, CO 80031
HEAD OF SCHOOL
Siena Academy is a small Catholic Montessori School located in Great Falls, Virginia. The ideal candidate must be a faith-filled, practicing Catholic with a strong commitment to the Catholic philosophy of Montessori education and experience with the Montessori curriculum. Applicants must possess proven educational, managerial, communication and leadership skills. Five years of teaching experience in a Catholic school and a Master’s Degree in School Administration are minimum requirements. In addition, a Montessori Administrator Leadership Credential is preferred. All appropriate Virginia State and Diocese of Arlington certifications must be obtained within three years of hire. The start date for the position is July 1, 2019. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications, experience and Diocesan guidelines. To apply, please complete the application process outlined on the Office of Catholic Schools website and send a complete application packet by March 30, 2019 to:
Office of Catholic Schools
200 N. Glebe Road, Suite 503
Arlington, VA 22203
Child Care Worker – assisting with childcare services for Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Parish events. This is a part-time position with flexible hours.
Possible Shifts: Sundays 8:45am Mass (1 hour); Tuesdays 8:45am-11:15am (2.5 hours); Wednesdays 6:15pm-8:45pm (2.5 hours); Parish Events (as scheduled about quarterly or bi-monthly)
- Experience in child care
- Personable and responsible
- Willingness to work with a variety of families and adapt to their wants/needs
- Can communicate readily through phone, text and email
- Willing to attend orientation and training
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- Energetic, hands on, confident, and engaging
- Excellent communicator- not afraid to give or receive feedback
- Attentive to safety best practices at all times
- Safe Environment Trained through the Archdiocese of Denver
- Pass background check and maintain clear record during employment
- Provide resume and complete application
- First Aid, CPR, mandatory reporter, and blood borne pathogen certification within 30 days (OLOL will reimburse cost)
- Signs Code of Conduct
- Adept at “stepping in” and “stepping out” without being directed
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Able to multi-task
- Reports to direct supervisor in childcare environment
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care
- Interacts with and cares for children
- Ensures the area is a safe and clean environment
- Abides by the state mandated staff-child ratios
- Understands and implements operating procedures and policies (OLOL will provide this)
- Understands the current laws and procedures in handling suspected child abuse, child neglect, molestation cases (OLOL will provide this)
- Responsible for obtaining child care agreements for each child.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls—our hiring manager will reach out to potential candidates. Thank you!
LIGHT, LEAVEN & SALT:
AUGUSTINE INSTITUTE ALUMNI AT WORK IN THE WORLD
The graduates of the Augustine Institute are serving the Church’s mission of evangelization as teachers and school administrators, catechists and parish leaders, deacons and religious sisters, graduate students and homeschooling mothers.
As leaders in apostolates that serve men, women, and youth throughout the United States, they are responding to Christ’s call to be light, leaven, and salt for the world.