Thank you for applying to the Augustine Institute Graduate School of Theology! In this application, we hope to learn more about your motivations for pursuing an advanced degree in Theology.
Here in the Admissions Office our priority is to accompany each applicant along the path of discernment, and we would invite you to give us a call at any point during the application process.
In order to allot adequate time to process your application and for you to get settled and get all of your questions answered before the term starts, please complete your application 1 month in advance of your intended start date (see priority deadlines below). The processing time for applications varies, but once your application is complete, the average length of time is 2 weeks. You may apply up until the week before classes begin, but your space is not ensured, and you may be asked to defer to the following semester.
Thank you, and we look forward to receiving your application. Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions with questions regarding the application process.
View the Academic Calendar 2019-20
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
The following items are required to be considered for admission:
- Submit online Application for Admission
- *Official transcripts of all completed undergraduate and graduate work. Incomplete work and institutions from which you transferred are not required.
- Essay Response to application question: The online application will provide you with the essay prompt and instructions for your personal statement. Please put your name on both documents.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation. If you are a recent college graduate, at least one from a college professor. You will need to provide your references with a link to this web page to submit the online form. Only one letter of recommendation is required for Graduate Certificate seeking students.
- Phone Interview with a member of the Admissions Committee. Once all your application materials are received, we will contact you for an interview.
- Application Fee: $25
*Official copies of transcripts should be mailed to:
Augustine Institute – Admissions Office
6160 S. Syracuse Way, Suite 310
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
or sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the checklist requirements, foreign nationals must do one of the following:
Submit your TOEFL scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with your application (Note: The TOEFL is a very costly test).
Request that your admissions essay be considered as evidence of competency in the English language.
You will be evaluated on your English competency by the Admission’s Committee in order to determine your capacity for success in graduate studies. It is often the case that foreign nationals for whom English is a second language are recommended to pursue coursework on a non-degree seeking basis.
*On Campus Applications
At this time, the Augustine Institute is not a SEVIS authorized school, and therefore is not authorized to issue the I-20 form, which is required for your student visa application. The Department of Homeland Security requires a information protocol on nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors to be collected during the course of their stay. Receiving a SEVIS authorization requires a great deal of resources and responsibility that we cannot afford at this time but may be able to achieve in the coming years as the graduate school grows. You may wish to read further here.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
Please contact the Office of admissions if you would like to apply as a non-degree seeking student
Those who wish to audit graduate courses for no credit do not need to apply and may take up to three courses per term. Auditors will be considered on a space-available basis. Degree seeking students will always be given priority in course registration.
If you are interested in auditing any of our courses, please contact Barbara Marchbank to register.